Tuesday, August 11, 2026

Elven encampment

This is another little side project to keep the creative juices flowing. I had the idea of painting up a Elven camp with a few character figures. This might make a nice bit of scenery or even an objective for a game.

I have an Elven king and court set from Black tree miniatures. I've always wanted to paint them as they are a characterful set. After giving this some thought, I wondered if a nice camp set would be nice to go with them.

The tents are from TTS and are nice a big. They are resin with an inner of polystyrene just to bulk them out.
The main thing now is I have to come up with a good colour to paint them. What colour is an Elven tent? Well, I'm leaning towards green of course with maybe some being Autumn browns.

The next question is do I leave them singley based or do I mount a few onto a larger base. 
The larger base does make it more of a diarama with wood piles and camp fires etc. Maybe the Kings tent could be with a couple of others and I leave a couple of single stands so I can move them around 
This is probably the closest picture to what I had I mind for colour. Something that could blend and disappear into the forest background at a glance. A bit like an Elven cloak of sorts.
These two are interesting and have details that are worth noting for reference. I like the fine detail work on the canopy, this is something I could do with a fine nib pen maybe.

 Again, a nice subtle colour that blends into the forest.



I'm liking the off white canvas look with pops of colour. Leaves painted onto the tent is a nice look for a Wood elf.

These more ochre shades are also nice, again punchoated with painted details.
Definitely some food for thought here.


2 comments:

  1. plus the new elf villagers from Wargames Atlantic

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes just been looking at those. There's some nice guys carrying scrolls and playing lots that will be very useful.

      Delete