The latest batch of orcs shuffle onto the plain.
My Gundabad legions wear the white stripes on their heads. This goes with their striped tattered banners.
Medbury lead figures help to boost the ranks of plastic.
UPDATE: Another batch of orcs get their first bit of dry brushing. Onto this metal layer is added various browns and verdigris to weather it down.
Here are the verdigris paints I used, the Vallejo one is very good for an all over grot layer.
Another new technique I've been trying on this latest set of orcs is covering them with a watered down layer of this dirt from Green stuff world. It looks good on capes and cloaks and just seems to scream orc filth.
Here are the verdigris paints I used, the Vallejo one is very good for an all over grot layer.
The new chieftain gathers his warband and gets them ready for basing.
2 comments:
The weathering has a green tinge? What are you using, it looks pretty good.
I find the white stripes a bit amusing, makes me think of bird poop.
It's actually crowbane poo from the slopes of Mount Gundabad, so good spot!. The green sheen is GW verdigris with various other green washes. I wanted them to stand apart from my hordes of other orc tribes. So greenish armour was the idea. I also mixed a bit of bronze into the metal mix for their armour.
Post a Comment