Friday, February 26, 2021

Band of Brothers

Creating Dragoons or assault troops using Redoubt spare cavalry heads and warlord games plastics. Well the results were better than I hoped for, as the firing position figure can be cut down as easily as the running one. This means the options are now endless for different troop types using the spare lead heads from Redoubt.
I took a little off the length of the muskets with a knife, just to make them look a bit more Dragoon like and the result works.

I toying with the idea of adding some green stuff bucket top boots, but really there is no real need. The debate is still out as to whether they wore them or not and opinions seem to be changing. Still one pair would look good I suppose.

 I might remove the match cord so it looks like a Dog lock once the glue dries. Very happy with these, I can’t believe I have basically gone through a whole box of these plastics already, still at £18 for 40 who’s counting.

4 comments:

Codsticker said...

Nice hacking and slashing- you've ended up with some really natural looking conversions.

Secundus said...

Thanks I pleased the firing position was just as easy to do. The moulded hair down the back wasn’t too bad after all.

rross said...

They look good - obviously the Redoubt heads were not too large - that would have been my concern as the Redoubt Wellington in India figures I have tower over all the other manufacturers products!

Secundus said...

Yes I find the redoubt figures are quite large in general, the ECW ones in particular. However, the heads are good for most ranges of 28mm.