Sunday, January 18, 2015

Excitment Overload...Foam Boards!!!

 Well after years of thinking about It I have finally found a place where I can get terrain boards. After reading a piece in a magazine about making rivers, I was moved to follow the link and order some. £10 each from TSS I think they are good value for money. I have always loved the idea of rivers etc being sunken into the terrain and after seeing the piece in Wargames and strategy I intend to follow the tutorial on how to do it.

However this is a project I intend to shelve at the moment and start up again in the summer. I have quite enough to be getting on with at the moment with baby James absorbing all of my time.

 I imagine it will be quite a big project and a very messy one too, but I love the idea of sunken rivers so I know it will be worth it.
An Orc host runs across the endless grassland of Rohan...

2 comments:

Steve-the-Wargamer said...

I've been using their tiles for about 15 years now... amazing product... Bit confused by your statement re sunken rivers - I have their river tiles, and they are sunk into the foam - so why not just buy them ready made???

Tony said...

I have often thought that a 4 foot x 4 foot table using four of these tiles would be a great mini gaming table and useful for so many different genres.

Maybe one day.

Tony