Monday, April 12, 2021

Lake Men Take A Dip


Colours blocked in and given a quick highlight. Weathering the clothes is also worth doing at this point as it really pays off with the dip technique.



After giving these guys a highlight I dipped them in strong tone, well I brushed it on. I bought a new ton of strong tin after my last one went a bit weird, mind you it was about twelve years old.
I’ve really enjoyed cracking through this lot, doing simple block painting then dipping is actually very quick and rewarding.

The dip loved this figure from Victrix with his detailed jerkin.

I have seven more to do then the men of Esgaroth can take the fight to the enemy. I even dipped the Bard character even though he was already shaded, what’s good for the goose is good for the gander.


 Still not sure about the flag design, I kind of winged it and I’m not sure it works.

4 comments:

Phil said...

Fantastic paint job, characterful and beautiful figures!

Secundus said...

Thanks Phil, they were fun to make up.

Anonymous said...

Terrific progress! I wish I was even half as productive as you. I'm a big believer in the saying, "Done is beautiful", so I wouldn't sweet the banner. If it's too much a deal breaker, you can always go back and redo it.

I've been enjoying your blog for more than a few years now. Keep up the good work and thank you for sharing!

Secundus said...

Thank you Anonymous, I remember you from many years ago, I’m glad you’re still around and enjoying my ramblings.