Wednesday, July 28, 2021

Standard Bearer from Essex miniatures

I came across a great early medieval standard bearer the other day whilst looking through Essex miniatures. He looks the part for Lake Town and so I bought a few. These will really help to add some blue banners into the rabble.

I kept the design very simple, it’s meant to be the Lonely Mountain with a star in the top corner. Most important is the blue colour as mentioned in the Hobbit.

I had to remove a casualty figure to fit him in and actually the central guy isn’t a bad choice for a leader.



I got a bit lazy and started using paper flags of different colours so it’s nice to get some more blue fluttering away.



 

9 comments:

Rob said...

The new standard bearers really lift the unit with a bit more colour yet somehow blend in very well with the militia feel. How far along are you with this project? I'm looking forward to a re-staging on the BotFA.

tradgardmastare said...

Great work, the standard bearer fits in very well indeed. I had a similar one years ago and you have done the figure proud.

Aly Morrison said...

Very nice indeed…
That miniature must be older than most of my colleagues 😁

All the best. Aly

roma912 said...

Really like the look of that standard bearer and fits in perfectly with your Lake Town militia.

Cheers, Ross

BroddyAdams said...

war of 1812 service files

George Duff said...

Your Lake Town guys are not as groovy as your orcs, but you've made them up with the same high degree of skill. Good job!

Secundus said...

It’s hard to beat the fun look of the dirty orcs and their masters, but these Lakemen have been fun to do. It made a nice change using more colourful clothes and shields.

There are quite a few characters and personalities in the mob it will be nice to see what they look like on the board in battle.

DeanM said...

Lovely LotR figures - they would not look out of place in a Dark Age-Medieval setting too.

JacobLorenz said...

Heya i am for the primary time here. I came across this board and I in finding It truly useful & it helped me out much. I am hoping to give something back and aid others such as you helped me.confederate service files