Wednesday, October 20, 2021

Tweaking Terrain

 


I’m just putting a few extras of these nice pieces from Two Sheds Fred.  Being a trampled corn field I thought it would be good to see some crushed crop, this was made from mixed herbs and a dark green flock.



Although the ruins are very nice I couldn’t help myself fiddling with it and sticking on some more detail. I was conscious not to put too much on and tried to keep the spaces clear for figure bases to go. When dry I’ll paint to blend in with the existing base.

The patches of dark green flock really helped with the trodden crop look. I coated the herbs with watered down Wood glue to make them bomb proof.

I was also careful to leave some of that nice earth showing through.

4 comments:

Codsticker said...

Big improvement to those crop bases- adds another layer in texture and colour.

Ray Rousell said...

Very nice!

James said...

Good work!

caveadsum1471 said...

Nice upgrade, pimp my ruin! I'm sure there is a channel 5 show in it!
Best Iain