Wednesday, March 20, 2024

AK Puddles

It took long enough but I finally received some AK puddle mixture, after my initial eBay order went AWOL in the post.
Many moons ago while basing these Weird World War Germans, I had created puddles for them in the mud mixture. A few months on and I'm ready to fill them. This is a new product for me, but one that seems easy to use.


I simply poured the mixture into the gaps I had made and that's it, job done. There were a few bubbles, but I used a lolly stick to just take these out.
It's shiny and is very eye catching, gleaming on the snow. So a little goes a long way to make the bases 'pop'.


I didn't go too crazy with it, learning my lessons from the snow earlier. Just little touches here and there really works the best.

 Boot prints are always good to fill with the muddy liquid. It's the sort of product that once you have it, you'll find loads of places to put it. War of the Roses muddy fields and ECW command bases spring to mind for me.

2 comments:

Engel said...

Looks excellent, dirty and gritty as I like them...

Kev Moon said...

Some good results. Do you paint it on or squeeze it straight from the bottle?