Tuesday, May 14, 2024

Megatron Arrives

well here he is, the main man himself, Megatron. I had great luck with this figure, finding a keyring toy that was a perfect size match for my armies.
Here is my first attempt at painting him, I quite liked the dark gun metal colour...but later after doing more research, lightened him slightly.
Making his tank model took a little thought, after a tank from eBay arrived and looked way too big. I went back to the drawing board and dug out another toy. This one is actually meant to be Megatron, but I added some bits to beef him up. It also made him look a bit more formidable and dangerous.
The three leader types, I'm glad I used this Megatron toy to scale the Shockwave I put together, now they are all in scale.

These two hotheads scale really well together.

I also experimented with adding some glowing Energon vents on the tank. Hopefully these work okay, they are certainly a bit different.
"I am the weapon!" Megatron transforms into tank mode and obliterates the opposition.
Skyfire gets reawakened.


This is the new lighter Megatron, a more silvered version. I think this works well and does make him pop a bit more. Quite an easy model to paint as it's the same technique as doing armour

To keep the look with my other bots, I weathered him up with various brown washes. It's great to finally call up the big gun to crush the Autobots once and for all..." No one summons Megatron!" Fare enough, it's nice to have you anyway.


There's quite a lot of tension in the work top at the moment.

No comments: