Monday, June 10, 2024

Hay Barn

A nice finishing touch to this barn was to sprinkle so hay/straw around the doors. I think this gives it a more lived in look and adds a bit more colour to the drab model.

I think it works well on these big doors where a lot of straw would be kicked outside.
Next up on the basing work list are the skirmishers. While I had them out, I couldn't resist putting together a couple of regiments for Bonnie Blue Flag.
I had given my units four skirmishers each as opposed to three in the rules. However, if I were to play a big game with loads of regiments, I could always go down to a single round base per unit. 


 The secret hay formula, I normally use this stuff for my Little Big Horn terrain where the colour is perfect for dry plains grass.

3 comments:

Unlucky General said...

Really lovely barn.

Donnie McGibbon said...

Adding the finishing touches has made the barn really very nice indeed, little thing like that makes a big difference, really good work.

Codsticker said...

The barn looks great- the bit of hay strewn around definitely adds that little extra bit of realism.