Friday, October 11, 2024

The Armies march to Partizan

The last Dwarf base done just in time for the big weekend. It's the Other Partizan show this weekend and I'll be there with my armies. So if you fancy seeing a massive Hobbit battle...pop along.

The battle will be fought using the new Midguard rules by James Morris. It proves to be a great Sunday especially if you're a Tolkien fan.

Today I have collect everything together and pack it as best I can to stop any travel casualties. I have always painted my figures to play at home so have never magnetised them onto metal sheets.

 I'm going to rely on nonslip matting and bubble wrap to get them there...I'm planned for a few accidents by hopefully, touch wood, all will be okay. It's been a lot of last minute painting but I'm looking forward to it.

Most of these Dwarves are old sculpts from Nick Lung.
That Reaper figure jumped the painting que and made the last company to leave the Iron Hills.

A couple of last minute Bolg bodyguard bases. I had planned to do more but time caught up with me. At least all the important stuff is done, like Beorn and the Eagles.
A coat of gloss on weapon edges and armour helps to catch the eye on the metal work. Dwarves are master smiths after all, their armour and weapons would be of high quality.

 Come along on Sunday it would be nice to see you.



No comments: