I was inspired to paint one up for a bit of a change. I took inspiration from the author Kevin Calder himself and based my dismounted cavalry on round bases.
As my infantry are mounted on 45mm wide bases, I used the same measurements for the round ones.
Cavalry and infantry bases. As there are only a few in a regiment, I will use three figures to a base to bulk them out.
I stuck the figures down to the base, the next test is to see if I can paint them on this size of stand. My sharpshooters were mounted on 60mm bases so they were a lot easier to paint around. As my infantry are stuck down in a row, they too are much easier to paint. This will be interesting.
Well, after painting up a few bases I can safely say they weren't too difficult. There's enough room on these 45mm stands to get around the figures with a brush. Some of the piping was a bit tricky on some but nothing too bad.
The three horses I put off for another day. These will finish the unit once done.
I also need to source a standard for the command base.
The figures are from 1st Corps and like Dixon have a style all of their own.
That was fun, I enjoyed that. Another unit ticked off.
No comments:
Post a Comment