Sunday, June 15, 2008

Sculpting with my old friend Milliput

Above is a Mortar to add a little company support to my German grenadier Platoon. With my Platoon (36 men) almost finished, it's time to start painting the Company support options for the Game. After my trip to the MK Games day my interest in the II world War was rekindled and I bought a set of 'Rules of Engagement' skirmish rules. They are very good and have been researched thoroughly. With the ratio being 1:1, thirty figures is all you need for a good game being based around late war Platoon skirmishes. I'm also glad because it gave me chance to finish off my German squads I started over a year ago.
With the game not needing very many figures (50 at the most), It gives me chance to go to town on the few supporting weapon bases. This Mortar has become a small emplacement with the addition of some hastily added sandbags. The flat area behind the guy holding the weapon will become a map. I have also ordered some ammo boxes so they too will add detail to the piece, great fun!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow. These already look fantastic. I love the angle that you managed to get the camera lense down to. The head on in particular looks very dramatic.

Loving all the sandbag emplacements. What fantastic dioramas! Very well done as always Si. Am looking forward to seeingthem finished. You've done a great job with the Germans Si, very well done.

Secundus said...

Thanks Al, With all my extra Mp40's you may be in need of some sandbags yourself LOL.

Anonymous said...

Never mind the sandbags, I'll be the one using the subteranean tunnels! ;)