Wednesday, June 07, 2017

Norba Elves, The battle of the Ring figures.

 I saw an advert on the Dragon Rampant Facebook page and decided to follow It up. It was from Norba Miniatures from Spain, they have designed miniatures based on the 'Hobbit' movies. Their Elves are basically the armoured wood elves from the Battle of the Five Armies and In fact the range is called 'The battle of the Ring'. I was quite intrigued by these figures so I ordered a few. I will let you know what arrives through the door. I can't make out if they are plastic of resin...the bases look like resin to me.

 They are classed as 28mm and I'm hoping they will be on the large side so they match my Copplestone High Elves, let's just wait and see.
They are quite reasonably priced too I thought being 12 Euros for 10 figures, They also have plans to release Orcs again based on the 'Hobbit' movies.

It's a very good time to be collecting Tolkien style armies at the moment I think with osprey/Northstar about to release their fantasy plastic range of Elves, Dwarves and Goblins. These new plastic multi-part sets all draw quite heavily from Tolkien from what I have seen. Interesting stuff and very welcome in today's market.

8 comments:

Caliban said...

Thanks for posting; these do look good.

Mad Padre said...

This is good to know about, many thanks for the post. The figures look good, and should blend in with my collection of GW LOTR figures. Would rather order from anyone other than GW, frankly. Looking forward to your comments once you receive them.

Secundus said...

I hope they aren't too small for my collection.

blacksmith said...

I haven't heard good things about them I'm afraid. I wish you good luck.

Secundus said...

I know I've just heard the same things since ordering...sigh.

essay best said...

They look good and I will be really happy to have them in my collection. Can you please tell us from where we can get it? Thanks

Secundus said...

Norba miniatures, a company from Spain. You should be able to find them on a search engine on line.

SADLOVE said...

Finished up two units of skelly halberdiers, based as units for Kings of War. ... Both of these units, the Javelin regiment, and all of my single painted figures- including the one off .... Norba Elves, The battle of the Ring figures.


goldenslot mobile
gclub
สล็อต ออนไลน์ ได้ เงิน จริง