Saturday, October 19, 2019

Pin Wash

 After watching a lot of YouTube, I thought I would give it a go at making my own pin wash from enamel thinners and oil paint. It was easy to do and I felt I had advanced an experience level in the world of hobby. It was a little tricky at first and In the end I kind of just went for it, making it up as I went along. It looked a lot easier on YouTube...

So really my pin washes became just a general wash all over. This was great for creating a greasey grime look. I also tried a slightly reddy oil brown for rust which worked quite well. Regardless of the results this part of the process was immense fun and rewarding. I have always looked at those military modeller magazines in shops and now I’m using their techniques, I felt I was learning something new.

I still have a few things to do, like paint the inside of the track housing black, add stoage and maybe some dirt/dust. I’m not quite sure how to make the dust stay on the model and fix it. More YouTube is required I think.



1 comment:

DAVID KNIGHT said...

Brilliant inspiring work THANKS for sharing