Thursday, November 18, 2021

Fish Eye Lense

After a little thought I tried a bit more eye surgery with these deep sea baddies. I found using my retractable pencil tip again that it made great eyes. The goblin eyes were a little too close together and small, so still looked very goblin like. The pencil made nice sized bulbous eyes, but the real Fomorian trick was to space them apart more. This took it away from goblin and into the realms of fish-man. Perfect for North Sea dwellers and a real likeness to the metal AA sculpts too. The eye  brows help as well to give a menacing look.

 Here on the left you can see my first attempt at the eyes a few days ago. They grew on me so I decided to try some more. The wide spacing really sells these as aquatic and nonhuman. 

3 comments:

Neil said...

Wow. They really pop out at you!
Neil

Aly Morrison said...

They look great…
You can buy various sizes of brass tube online which you can use do the same thing as your propelling pencil …. But in different sizes.
The advantage is that you can squeeze them to shape with pliers to make different things like scales and the like…
You can also get square tube as well…

All the best. Aly

Secundus said...

Thanks Aly I will have to look into that.