Tuesday, November 30, 2021

Seaside fun

I had a spare ball of green stuff today and so I used it to try out some ideas. The green stuff was split up and pressed on to small stones. Then I used the retractable pencil to make barnacle bumps and teased out the surrounding putty to look like seaweed. It doesn’t have to be too precise as long as it looks tangled and matted.

Nice and simple with the right tools. I will also be spreading a PVA/ grit mix on the stones to act as smaller limpets etc.

The song of the sea.

 

8 comments:

Codsticker said...

Very clever!

Rob said...

Beautiful.

Phil Curran said...

Well done. It looks great!

tradgardmastare said...

Most atmospheric work.

Neil said...

Looks great! It has always helped me to get actual pictures of nature when making unique terrain pieces. Again good job.
Neil

Anonymous said...

I have just been going through your fantasy entries which seem to fix some of the issues I have around basing. May I ask what size bases you use for infantry and cavalry and do you have a set number of figures to each stand?
Thanks

Grahame

Secundus said...

I use 60mm x60mm bases and tend to put 6 figures on them. I tweak this rule if they’re smaller goblins etc. I also added a seventh Dwarf to my bases because I wanted them to look like a packed shield wall. Six figures just didn’t look crammed enough. I tend to say that each base has 6 wounds. This you can tweak for different games’ like 5 for Oathmark etc.

Secundus said...

I also use the same size bases for cavalry and put two to three figures on them.