Friday, June 17, 2022

New Orcs from Alternative Miniatures

I came across this new brand of miniatures while surfing eBay and was ammediatly struck by the Centurion style helmet. I have created my own versions in the past with plastic card, so it was nice to find an actual mini which had the design.

There are a mix of different characters and they definitely have a Peter Jackson Uruk-Hai vide about them.
They do come with little extras that can be added to their armour, but I left these off as they looked fiddly. I also went with my brush bristle swords as these will not get lose once superglued.

These will make great headhunter orcs, now I have to remove some weaker ones to find places for these guys.


These normally come with plastic slotta bases but I will be sticking mine on flat bases for multi basing.

The guy behind the company was called Alan and was really helpful over eBay. He even gave me a spare Centurion head for convention. He said in the future they will be doing spare heads etc for exactly that purpose.

Megga Choppa Boyz...sorry. This officer was given a large cutting blade. The ones that come with the figures are good, but these plastic pieces are bombproof.

 I'll have to fast track a few of these to get them on the headhunter bases.

Update: I painted up two of the new Orcs to use in my head hunter unit. I was surprised to see they stood quite tall amongst the others. Nice figures!





No comments: