Sunday, May 03, 2020

Orc skirmishers

 Another command group for the orc forces. These armoured orcs caused quite a problem as to who was going to lead them. Originally, it was going to be the guy with the fur cloak, but he looked a little underwhelming. So a quick look into the spares box produced a much bigger, better suited leader for the task.
 This crazed, motley lot are in fact a skirmish line of small snaga (slave orcs). They are being whipped and yelled at by larger orcs. They don’t look like they will able to do much with all their squabbling going on, but then again skirmishers in Dragon Rampant are rather limited.
 I was lucky enough to find a few goblins in chains which worked well whip armed orc from Northstar. I think the goblins came from Alternative Armies.
 The serious orc leader with his impressive uniformed band, he obviously has higher standards than most.
The unruly mob scuffle across the battlefield, making a dreadful din as they go. Reminds me of a school trip from the Seventies.

3 comments:

Adelaide Gamer said...

Adrian Mole?

Codsticker said...

I really like the look of those orcs. They really echo how I imagined Tolkien's orcs when I was a kid, both in the design of the figures and the way you have painted them.

Springinsfeld said...

Great work... I love the snaga turning to flee, but facing the whip master.