Monday, October 26, 2020

Hancock Arrives to take Charge

This great painting really inspired me, I had the figure of Hancock from Dixon already. I also placed an order for a couple of mounted standard bearers from them too and ordered a mounted command group from 1st Corps miniatures. The standards are from Battle Flag. They produce the standards for the entire Corps, including artillery HQ on one sheet for £10. Very useful.
I do love all the Corps flags and insignia of the Army of the Potomac. They are very tempting to do but they can limit you when it comes to playing certain battles. I’ve decided to just go for it and have created an Army Corps command stand. This is General Hancock with his 2nd Corps. Once you start with the Corps flags, do you go down the rabbit hole of Brigade standards etc... well I suppose one or two wouldn’t hurt. I know the Irish Brigade will get their 2nd Brigade standard... rude not to.
Hancock points out the advancing 3rd Corps of Sickles to General Caldwell in dismay.
 

5 comments:

Doug said...

Great looking piece. I especially like the ground work, it looks very natural and convincing.

Secundus said...

Luke’s APS Arid grassland...great stuff. Saves me a lot of time. The leaves are new to me but I think they worked quite well for the forest skirmishers.

caveadsum1471 said...

Lovely looking command stand! Nice flags!
Best Iain

Neil said...

Fantastic!

Woolshedwargamer said...

Came over from TMP. I really like this vignette. It is very well done. I love those Dixon horses - they are certainly distinctive :)