Sunday, November 29, 2020

Basing up the 7th

I’ve chosen to base these guys on round bases to represent a skirmish formation. I’ve used a mix of 40mm and 35mm round bases just for variety. The mounted troopers will be mounted on 40mm square bases as these will look the best in column.


Two figures on a base should be quite easy to remove casualties and keep track of wounded.
A rough and ready skirmish line. I’ve placed a couple of casualties in bases these do not count as lives, they just make the bases look better.
I bought these kepi equipped figures from eBay, This horse holder will make a good standard bearer.
I extended the blue paint below the belt and gave it a black line at the bottom, this produced good looking soldier tunics.

Having all the troopers in shirts and braces just isn’t right so a few tunics really helps break things up.


The old plastic bristle pistol trick turns this horse holder into an officer.
 

2 comments:

Momjuicer said...


Hi I was thinking of trying your wash method with woodland scenics black and umber. But you say you water it don’t and was wondering if you could be more detailed on your process. Would help me a lot if you can. Thank you

Secundus said...

I mix the black and umber to get the right colour I what, say 50/50, but this bit depends on how dark you what it. Next once mixed I get a brush and put some on a tile or palette and just add a touch of water. This just waters it down slightly and makes it thinner. The consistory of the paint allows it to act like an ink and it shades very well. A lot of it is just trial and error, the watering down bit is exactly the same as if it was an ink. Hope this helps.