Saturday, July 15, 2023

Creating Autobot Brawn

Brawn has long been a favourite from the cartoon as he likes to get in close combat. He takes out Bots twice his size with his amense strength. He is second only to Optimus Prime in strength of the Autobots that landed on Earth.

The real trick with Brawn was not to let him get too big. He has to be smaller than the sport car Autobots, so it was handy to keep one around for scale. I used a sci- Fi head from Minimax as a starting point.
I kept adding little greeblies to add more detail.
My Brawn is quite chunky and crude, but in a way I like this. I beefed up his arms to give him strong appearance.







Here we see Brawn in a line up of Bots.


He is the first of the really small Bots to enter the field, it's nice not to waste those small bases I made earlier. Never throw anything away!

He's small compared to most Autobots but one of the strongest and toughest fighters. Brawn is also known for the amount of artillery hits he can take. He has a basic, early design, but it's made him one of the hardest nuts to crack.

 Early stages showing the sci-fi head. The body was a small droid like figure.

You've got to love Brawns basic design with it's square edges.

A later take on the character from the Bumblebee movie. This will be handy for the distressed paint work. 

UPDATE, 
I got some paint on the little Bot.



Chunky!
" Take him!"


"I don't take so easy!"




I thought I'd take a shot of the project so far. Quite a massing of Autobots.

Brawn is dwarfed by the line up of heavy Autobot warriors.



Brawn clashes with Quarrel.

No comments: