Friday, July 14, 2023

Watercolor course

I've just finished a course of five watercolour basic lessons after being inspired by Vic Reeves. They were held in a beautiful old farm house in Milton Keynes. The property was bought by artists back in the 60's and still houses a number of artists in residence today.

I had to miss the first lesson as a Fallow deer ran into the side of the car and wrote it off. However, the subsequent basic lessons were fun with loads of handy tips. Practice is the main thing though and that's what I need to work on now. So don't be surprised if you start seeing a load of watercolour hobby cartoons.

 The old part of the house is full of character so I had to take some pictures.


This beautiful door is actually a painting, from a short distance away the 3D effect is very good.

 

Bob Ross trees, well it had to be done.

 What a lovely old place.

1 comment:

tradgardmastare said...

A wonderful looking venue. Thanks for sharing your paintings , they look great.I look forward to seeing more of what you have been doing. I got a wee travelling watercolour set for Christmas but haven’t had the courage to start.