Saturday, July 22, 2023

Stars and Bars

I had started out planning to use generic Battle flags, but I was swayed by the beautiful selection of state colours. They are so tempting that I couldn't resist.
They certainly add a pop of colour and detail to the drab coloured regiments.





Mississippi colours are very recognisable and any student of Gettysburg, will want some of these boys in their army. The second day wouldn't be complete without them.


Armistead leads his 57th Virginia towards the bloody angle.


The Sons of Erin rush forward, I think these guys are the 10th Tennessee.

Another interesting Irish regiment with a double sided standard.
When these are dry I will paint the edges to get rid of the excess white paper.

Hopefully there are enough Battle flags to cater for most mid sized games.

A converged regiment of the 6th and 7th Arkansas.


I've run out of standard bearers at the mo, need to paint some more up. I have the whole Texas brigade to do yet.

3 comments:

Grenzer John said...

It's good to see other flags beside the Army of Northern Virginia battle flag. Especially the flags from the western states of the Confederacy.

Well done!

tradgardmastare said...

Flagtastic!

Secundus said...

Thanks guys