Sunday, August 13, 2023

ACW buildings

I spent a bit of time going over this old model from Hovels. Just to bring it up to date with the others. The subtle washes from Woodland scenics are great for adding dirt and grime.


I tried painting the glass a green colour for a change, seems to work.

I coated the models in Matt varnish. Once dry I will go over the glass panels in gloss floor varnish. This looks great and is very realistic for glass.


 
Well I tested the thunderbox and it worked! Result!
I'm looking forward to getting these in some ACW games.

5 comments:

Simon said...

I like those old Hovels buildings. Great job on them!

Ray Rousell said...

Very nice!

Rob said...

The green glass really lifts them.

Codsticker said...

I love your work on these; they are wonderful models and you have done them up perfectly.

airbornegrove26 said...

These look great!