Wednesday, August 02, 2023

Rag Tag Standards

I tried my weathering powders out on my standards as a bit of a test and they worked a treat. I used to use a bit of brown paint to add some wear and tear, but these waxy powers can be blended and give a much more subtle effect.
Another power that works well is the black soot, especially on the white of a flag. This looks great as powder burns or general battlefield damage.
These are really meant for weathering up vehicles but they can be turned to other things too. I picked these up at Hobby craft in their modelling section. Worth a punt, they can be used for just about anything!

They also do an earthy set too, this is great for dust etc.
 

Subtle and realistic.

1 comment:

roma912 said...

Nice and the standards look like they've been out in all seasons.