Monday, January 08, 2024

Dieselpunk Germans

The second squad is now done, just the weathering to do.
I decided to tweak the lenses to green by using the Tamiya clear green paint over a white background. It produces more of a glow that an ink, so suits eye lenses perfectly. I learnt a new term today... Dieselpunk. I've never heard the term before but it seems to capture this genre perfectly.
The new squad also gave me the chance to try some other ideas, Like the camouflaged helmet. It's such a WWI classic look, I had to include somewhere in the force.

I still can't decide if I have messed these Elites up... I keep going back and trying to tweak them. I think I need to move them off the painting table as the temptation is too much.

I see these four models as the test subjects for the whole snow thing. Lessons were definitely learnt and put to good use on the other figures.

I have also had the idea of including puddles by leaving spaces in the mud. These will be painted a dark colour, then filled with a shiny mixture later. Just something to add some variety into the bases.

More puddle bases, I'm planning to give them a dusting in white so the look frozen.

No comments: