Wednesday, September 04, 2024

Aliens APC 28mm

Things are really moving along with this build now. I decided if I'm only doing one, it's has to be a green version like in the movie. I chose Tamiya black green for the base coat. I later used Tamiya Olive green to highlight it.
I used some sci- if decals to add the details to the hull. I wasn't too fussy about trying to recreate the actual lettering, I just used ones that gave off the same vibe. The writing is so small, no one is going to worry.

I used some little warning decals to the gun mounts, this will add a bit of interest.

The model was washed with black, then given layers of dust. Being used in a desert terrain, I wanted to give it a real dusty look. I also added black carbon scoring with the same black oils as before.
Some new figures from Forlorn Hope turn up, these are a little more 'Aliens' that Copplestone's later sculpts.
After the sand washes, I used some European dust from MIG. This just added some browns to the dust and weathered in the decals.
The wheels were stuck on with Gel Super glue. It was a little tricky to make sure the vehicle sat flat.

I found a great little container from a space toy set which fitted snuggly onto the vehicle. This makes a great little hard case for materials. It should look good once the rolled canvas packs are added around it.

Warning decals just draw the eye to areas that would be quite empty.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Splendid looking Aliens APC!
Best Iain caveadsum1471

Anonymous said...

Very nice stuff.. I printed one as well, but my printer was so small I had to print it in 4 pieces. Looking forward to seeing what you do with the figures.