Saturday, August 03, 2024

7th Cavalry 20mm

This poor chap lost an arm while messing around in the river. So I cooked up an idea using my trusty brush bristles. Once a chunky bristle was shaped and stuck into place, I used Gel Super glue to bulk it out. It's crude but with a bit of paint he should blend into the ranks.
Two more Companies of troopers gather at the moras.
Sabres are cut away and replaced with Colt pistols.
I find that the ACW range from Newline Design make for better 7th Cavalry than their actual Custer figures. Much more variety and the equipment is not too far off either. 
The last two Companies are made up of Confederate and Union cavalry figures from Newline Design.


We have the technology to rebuild him...He arm takes on the look of ballistic gel with plastic bones visible inside.


 The metal is quite brittle and doesn't like to be bent. Once everything is dry I will shape the hand.

No comments: