Monday, July 24, 2017

Painting British 2nd Afghan War soldier

 Getting close to finishing now. Painting the boots dark grey/black and some final highlights on the tunic with drab 'C' from foundry.
 Bread bag given another brown wash, I may highlight this again with white. I think most of the white equipment was stained with tea to make it less visible in the field, so I made a point of washing it with brown. For the next batch I might paint the bread bag in a creamy colour.
 These are still not quite finished as I ran out of time. I will clean up the faces a little bit and add some more detail to the helmet flash on the side. I have a few books coming in the post so hopefully these will help.
 Very enjoyable to paint as the figure is all the same colours really ( and I thought ACW was easy!). Creating units of 12 men should be quite simple with these colours and things will only speed up now I have worked out my painting order and colours.
 The Scots will be a little more challenging but still very fun and rewarding I imagine in the end.

My rough 'idiot' notes I made as I went along, these notes come in very handy If ever you have to leave an era for a few weeks or even years. Makes getting back on the horse a lot easier.

7 comments:

Peter Douglas said...

Great work on these lads! I've taken notes in case I head back over the Khyber in the future.

Secundus said...

Excellent, I was hoping that some else would find the notes of use. :)

Phil Curran said...

I like these alot. Well done.

caveadsum1471 said...

Gosh, these are good, and there was me expecting orcs or ECW!
Best Iain

Secundus said...

I know it's always a distraction getting caught up in another era, but I couldn't resist painting a small unit of these guys.

Nic said...

Those are lovely. A period and conflict that I have an itch for...

Vinnie said...

The lads are looking good..nice work.

Regards

Vinnie