Friday, January 10, 2020

1st Corps ECW Cavalry

 Well I’m always on the look out for good Iron sides and the latest offering from 1st Corps looked good.
The figures are a great match for my Essex figures which I was very pleased about and will fit in very nicely. This probably means they will be a little small compared to Bicorne but not enough to worry anyone. The 1st Corps troopers come with a separate gloved hand holding a weapon not shown here, but the pistols are nice and big.
The helmet is a slight let down as the lobster tail isn’t as defined as I would have wished for. Bicorne are the masters when it comes to 28mm ECW but I find most of their cavalry make for better Royalists than Roundheads.
I still think some of the best troopers out there at the moment are these Essex miniatures below, which is lucky because I still have 12 to paint up.
 So all in all I’m pleased, they should be releasing command soon and different hat options.These troopers are £10 for 3 which is kind of the standard now. Bicorne come in at £12 for 3 so these guys are slightly cheaper, it’s nice to have some more metal options on the market.



1 comment:

Bluewillow said...

Nice, good little review. Yet to purchase some fir my French wars if religion armies, but not my focus this year so I will try to resist them. They look like they will fit in well with my foundry and perry collection

Cheers
Matt