Well here we are a last, after returning from a short trip to Gaul, I managed to finish my roads. Using better earth and sand colours, I repainted the entire lot and with various levels of dry brushing, managed to bring out all the new texture. After it was repainted I flocked areas with different grass colours to add detail and add to the effect of an over grown trade route. A good tip; I used PVA glue to model cart and waggon tracks in the road, when they were dry I painted them a dark brown. This colour was then given a wash of watered down PVA glue, which drys looking shiny and wet. Thus wet muddy tracks were produced. The PVA works better on this subject matter than a light brushing of Varnish and gives a much better 'mud' effect.