Saturday, April 08, 2023

Autobot 'Heavies'

Now the sides are starting to take shape, I thought it was time to get a unit of Heavy Infantry made for Xenos Rampant. Most of these are rubber toys but one, the larger of the crew, is an actual toy. It actually transforms into a gun for larger size robots. When I saw it's size is 2.5" I knew it would fit in nicely with the others. It's also nice to get some more variety in the models.
This is my attempt at making Ironhide. It's basically a larger Bumblebee figure that I've kit based with plasticard.
Here is the actual transformer toy that has had its gaps covered with plasticard. 




This heavy started to take on the character of Springer as I was sticking bits on to it. I will paint it as him in his earlier Cybertronic form.


This is an idea for new robot characters, swoping the arms on various figures to create new models. The helicopter above has been turned into an Autobot. 
This Autobot racer now has the helicopter arms with their large rockets.

The heavies line up ready for a new paint job. I always like to leave one of the models as it came. Although this model did have a hole in his back that needed covering.
I did get the art book of the Transformer Netflix series and a very useful purchase it was too. Not only for characters but also for Cybertron terrain.
A spray of primer completely changes the look of the bots.




I'm always impressed with the way the plasticard comes out after priming. It's always worth spending that little bit of extra time sticking on more detail. The smaller the better.




Ironhide, it was tempting to keep adding to him, but I kept it to a minimum. The model already looked pretty close to start with.


I'm going to have to go through my Autobot list of names and find something worthy for this brute. He is definitely a heavy hitter and should have a name to match.

More Cybertron bases for the new recruits.
An earlier picture showing the plasticard. Mixing in textures helps with the detail when primed.
 
UPDATE: 










No comments: