Tuesday, April 11, 2023

Heavy Metal

After trying the yellow Contrast paint, I decided to go back to the layering technique. This produced a much better look. He looked a lot more industrial painted in Golden brown. He still needs highlighting and some weathering.

To give him a totally different character to the Optimus head, I painted on a nose and mouth. At this small scale the trick worked and Grapple was born. A nice trick to create the glowing eyes was to paint them silver, then wash them with blue Contrast paint.

I also added another Autobot sticker to his allegiance. 

Ironhide gets his coat of Satin varnish to finish the job. The windscreen was given two coats of Kleer floor varnish to give it a sheen.

I am pleased I took the extra time on these guys, Ironhide's crest really worked well. On the strength of this, I revisited Grapples head.

Grapple looks like he can give a Decepticon Seeker a good run for their money. Ironhide needs no help in busting Deceptachops.

 

1 comment:

Independentwargamesgroup said...

Lovely paint jobs, I do like Contrast paint/ink but admit they can be a bit overbearing. Still well done.