Thursday, April 20, 2023

Confederate Dip

Jumped onto these cheeky chaps today for a nice break from painting Robots. I had bought some ultra fine pens I was itching to play with on these guys. These bases are very rewarding to do. I also find painting three on a base at a time, quite refreshing.
I bought a blue ultra fine permanent marker and it worked a treat on this guy's shirt.

A fine pen was used again to create easy patterns on the roll blankets.

I had swopped a few of these great coated Kepis for plastic slouch hats.


1st Corps, Foundry and Dixon figures.


Two officers receive slouch hats. I had planned to use these as Confederates, but they could look just as good left for the Union 
Ready for the big plunge. The Dip was brushed on for more control.
Five new bases. I find this strong tone has a very long drying time. My last batch took the best part of a week. Time to put them out of the way and forget about them.
 

No comments: