Thursday, April 13, 2023

Heavy Autobot

Another heavy hitter joins the group. This figure is a converted toy with the gaps covered with Plasticard.


Red and yellow are good Autobot colours as they are a cartoon shorthand for 'good'. Deceptions tend to more 'evil' colours like purples and greens.

 
When I started this project, I never really thought I'd find so many figures in scale to game with. It turns out between the host of animated series and live action films, there are quite a few keyring models etc floating around.
 The ones above are from the animation Transformers Prime and were sold as cake decorations. They are three inches high, but still very useful for statues etc.
Following the success of the toy experiment, I ordered a few more to convert. This latest batch include a couple of Decepticon looking bots.



A statue of an Autobot hero. I ordered some cheap award mounts to act as plinths. 
I love this figure of Bulkhead from the Prime series. He isn't too tall but is a real bulky bot. I will make him into a combat unit with heavy guns. This should suit his design. The Autobots could really use a bit of this size. He is another cake decoration ordered off eBay.
Before and after with the mini toys.

Cybertron starts to take shape with a coat of purple paint.






Deceptions call up the heavy artillery! The Constructicons have combined to form Devastator, nothing can stand against him..
After the purple spray was dry I put a zenith highlight using a lighter silver colour.

No comments: