Sunday, December 26, 2010

Corgi tank size comparison

After using the die cast Corgi tanks for the ROE game I was interested to know exactly what the size gap is between 1.60 (corgi) and 28mm (1.56), well here is the deference. Not that bad and to be honest the figures work well with the larger scale. At any rate the Corgi's do make excellent battlefield scenery and debris. I gave the Corgi Churchill tank a wash of black Ink to bring out the detail. If I decide to use it as a gaming piece I will work into it more.

5 comments:

Christian Supiot said...

Hi! Can you tell me were are these models from? I think it can be used to W40k...

Thanks!

Secundus said...

I typed in Corgi tanks into Google and waded through hordes of shops, you will have to look around as the prices will vary.

Christian Supiot said...

I mean, i want to know who is the company from this specific model... De one in 28mm you had post here...

Secundus said...

The model is a Corgi churchill Tank and The company i got it from is called; Antics ,unit 1, springfield bus. cen. Brunel Way, Stonehouse, Gloucestershire, Gl103sx, United Kingdom.

You'll find it if you google Corgi Tanks Antics I'm pretty sure.

BigRedBat said...

A friend as that Corgi Churchill; it's huge! Mind you I do love all the diecasts one can find now, as Like is too short to assemble models. I remember the Airfix Churchill, in the late 60's was a particularly challenging assembley job.

I'm really pedantic about sizes, I'm currently ruthlessly purging the 1/76 tanks from my collection to standardise at 1/72.

Your WW2 28's are looking very fine!

Merry Xmas, Simon