Friday, June 26, 2020

Canon balls!

 Many years ago at work when I was freelance, a bag used for keeping camera equipment weighted down split open. Well, to my delight it was full of thousands upon thousands of tiny lead balls. Being a War-gamer I instantly recognised the potential of this wind fall. I grabbed a small bag of them and have used them ever since. Around ten years ago my poor old Napoleonic French got peppered with them.
As luck would have it they are just the right calibre for the big gun, so are great for making a pile of ammunition. Like the advancing French ten years ago, the odd ball will find its way onto a cavalry base. These bases are quite large so any little detail is good to have. Also being a dull lead colour, no painting is required.

 That’s the trick with this hobby, it’s all about keeping an eye open for anything useful that can be used. It can range from electrical housing for Sci-Fi gaming to lolly sticks for a earthwork gun emplacement. It’s all part of the fun.





The crew are all from 1st Corps. A quite a new range for them, but a very good one.

2 comments:

Codsticker said...

The lead balls balls are the perfect size, very nice, but what I really like is that kneeling crew member- where is he from?

secundus said...

Sorry I couldn't comment on my phone so i put it in the post itself, 1st Corps all the way!