Tuesday, June 16, 2020

Trying some mud effects from Vallejo

 As these ECW bases are very large and very flat, I thought it a good idea to add some contours to the  ground. This mud from Vallejo is a new product for me but it does the job of texturing the ground nicely. Also details like wheel tracks and hoof prints can be added easily.



  I started off with the dark wet mud, then mixed in some of the lighter European mud. The two mix well together when wet and even blend into each other.




 The field is looking pretty churned up after squadrons of heavy horse have Been thundering over it all day. I made the hoof prints with the tiny sculpting palette tool I had spread the mud on with. Once grass and various flocks have been added they should look good.

5 comments:

szeperd said...

Looks so realistic. I look forward to see these with grass and flocks.

Springinsfeld said...

Reminds me of umpteen reenactment campsites I've inhabited. Good effect though, I might have to invest in those.

Phil said...

Realistic and superb, have to try it!

AKI said...

Really nice effect; I've been using a lot of Vallejo effects for weathering, but the Mud looks worth investment too.

Codsticker said...

That looks good and goopey.