Sunday, December 14, 2014

Orc Leaders and tribes

 I had to do a lot of repair work on some of these old ebay figures as most of them were broken. These old sculpts go for quite a lot on ebay so I bought all the cheap broken or badly painted ones and nursed them back to life. The Orc above has had his sword filed down to a more realistic size, he is from a time when GW went crazy with their weapon sizes.

I have bought three of the leader sculpts below and each one had a missing weapon, so repair had to be done using a pack of old spare weapons I bought from eBay. I think he looks better now with his giant mace than he did with his original sword. He is still a leader in his own right and has been given a standard and bodyguards to prove it.

I have tried to put different tribes into the massed army of Mordor. This white face paint on this leader represents Mount Gundabad and there a a few of these bases in the army.
 Most of the other bases have red paint either down their face or across one eye to show they are from Mordor.

1 comment:

Ray Rousell said...

Looking good!