Tuesday, August 18, 2026

Painting up Gundabad Trolls.

while I was finishing up the forces of darkness, I thought I would slap some paint on these trolls. Both trolls are resin and I bought them a while ago now. They are heavily influenced by the Jackson films in their skin and armour.
After I cracked the secret of painting 'Jackson' trolls, I really enjoy it. I have too many to use in one battle, but like the orcs, sometimes I can't help myself and start after couple.

 
I think this troll is my favourite of the two.



The trick I think to painting these thick rhino hide creatures, is to start with the under colour first. So the soft belly and under skin colour, over this can be painted the grey hide plates.


So the entire troll is painted in the soft skin colour first. Don't be too worried about the other details as these all come later. I think it's this quick stage painting of these monsters that makes them so addictive to do.
To make these Gundabad trolls look and feel a bit different, I might try a few things with their armour. Black armour would look good or maybe the verdigris look I used on the orcs.

No comments: