Saturday, September 18, 2010

Book week continues





I have spoken to and met some lovely people since starting this Blog and received a few gifts along the way too. One of these gifts came the other week in the form of a book written by fellow History nut and blogger, Andrew Bronzyna. Andrew very kindly sent me his latest publication which tells the story of his Grandfather and his time spent in the Port battalions, US Army Transportation Corps, serving through England, Normandy and Antwerp. Thank you Andrew I look forward to reading this in the future, It was very kind of you .

I myself have seen something of a little press this week with the release of a new quiz book from Osprey. You may remember a while back I was approached by Osprey about my Blog illustrations, well a deal was struck and here they are in print. I can proudly say that now I can join my heroes Angus MC Bride and Peter Dennis under the Osprey banner...well almost I suppose.

17 comments:

JM said...

Congrats!

Endakil said...

Great job indeed. Congratulations!

Gabriele Campbell said...

Congrats, your illustrations deserve to be in a book. Love little Bonney on the big horse.

Gabriele Campbell said...

Forgot to add: I like the new layout of your blog. It's easier on the eyes than the white font on black.

Secundus said...

Oh right ok, I lost my old blog background and was trying to find a way to get it back, If you think it's easier to read I might leave it. I have no idea what I did but there no getting back to it any how.

Sollado2 said...

You deserve it, congratulations! Your drawings are great and your figures, of course, have a very curious little creatures in your garden, jejej, I've seen your other blogs, you and your colleagues you are really crazy .... jejejej

Sire Godefroy said...

Well deserved, and good to know your fantastic artworks have finally reach the presses. Congratulations!

Cheers
SG

ZeroTwentythree said...

Congratulations! I've always thought it would be a great idea to get see your illustrations in print.

Doc Smith said...

Well done mate! Hope its the first of many such publications featuring your artwork. You do realise now that as a published artist, with your new celebrity status, there will heightened expectations - the public will now be clamoring for more
'Iron Mitten' artwork!

Cheers,
Doc

Anonymous said...

That's great Simon and well deserved. Anyone who brings history to life and makes you smile at the same time, deserves to be in print. I shall be looking out for the book.

Chuck box set said...

great job!

ADEPTUS MECHANICUS said...

HUSSAR! Three cheers old boy Hip, Hip.... It all helps pay the mortgage.

Andrew said...

Cool, congrats! I'll bet Osprey will find other projects for you too (and I keep bringing your name up for AW mag)

On Thursday I gave a lecture at my local museum. I was fun stuff.

Anonymous said...

Your Ospray contract is well deserved. Congrats. Jan, Denmark

Der Tsstler said...

Congratulations, isn't thats the dream of every artist ?

Grégory Privat said...

Toutes mes félicitations !

Chris Cornwell said...

Many congratulations!..richly deserved and I'm glad your brilliant drawings are reaching a wider audience