Saturday, October 29, 2011

Painting Tommy

The canvas helmet covers are Foundry's Drab 'a', 'b' and 'c' colours layered up.


I used the same colour (Blanco 'c') to retouch the Inked webbing and equipment. This is effective and very quick and simple to do. One pot does all.




I do like Foundry's 'Spear shaft' colour for Enfields! The Inked Tamiya 'Khaki' was highlighted by using the Coat d'arms 'British Khaki' paint.






Almost ready for war.






These figures are from Black Tree Design. I like them because of their poses. They are slightly early war (BEF) and have canvas covers on their helmets. I like this aswell because it adds more character to my units. To bring them up to date with my Normandy units I have opted for the green Blanco on their webbing.





Next morning and Tommy and his pals are all dry and ready for some more action.


1 comment:

Rodger said...

Just awesome.