Wednesday, August 18, 2021

Flock Box Day!

I broke out the Flock box today to finish up some overdue projects. Once out I had a guilt pang and dug out some more units I had skipped earlier in the year. Flock boxing is a pain and does take a lot of cleaning up afterwards, but there’s no doubt the bases do look a lot better for it.
These barricades got a touch of flock and they really came to life.
I went back and dug out these Sharpshooters for the flock treatment, if everyone should have an overgrown base it’s these guys.


Camouflage circa 1863.




Yesterday I gave these barricades a good spray of Windsor and Newton matt varnish. It took all the shine off from the Contrast paints and left a very realistic finish.
The men of Lake Town got a touch of the F box too and although I was flagging at that point, they really do look better for it. I think the rule is… if your going to do a speedy paint job, make sure the flesh and the base look good. 

 

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I like what I am seeing and have to get mine out lol

Codsticker said...

… if your going to do a speedy paint job, make sure the flesh and the base look good.
That's a good rule!