Thursday, September 03, 2020

Basing ACW


 Again a basing of Luke APS ‘Arid grassland’ seals the deal with these Union troops. Onto this a layer of mixed herbs are added. I think this is a really important part for these guys as the effect is one of dead leaves and undergrowth. To me it helps give the American look. Also they are dead easy to find in the shops and are cheap to buy, a must for any civil war gamer I say.

On top of these layers I put a few patch’s of 4mm grass with the flock box. You could use tufts but I think the Flock box gives a better result.




 A look at bases with and without the mixed herbs. To get that real American taste... always add a few mixed herbs!
 I always end up arranging five bases after I read in ‘Regimental Fire and Fury’ that the Irish brigade at Gettysburg accounts to this on the board. A whole brigade whittled down to the size of a small regiment. Well I have the Irish brigade under coated and ready to go, however there are many more than these five bases. Maybe have to play earlier battles with them.

2 comments:

caveadsum1471 said...

Lovely looking troops and great basing!
Best Iain

Secundus said...

Thank you Ian.