Thursday, September 24, 2020

Sash and Sabre Skirmishers 28mm

I added these close ups and a shot of the entire pack, lovely range of figures!





 

Well after I painted up some advancing Sash and Sabre infantry I got off eBay, I was so impressed I ordered another pack from Old Glory UK. Wow! These figures have so much character and every one is a different pose in a pack of forty. Price wise they were very reasonable being a pound a figure with a five pound postage charge added to that. 
The figures themselves are very well sculpted and tend to lean to the small size. Height wise they are great but their heads can look small compared to other makes. However, they do mix in nicely and the character of these guys outweighs any worries about size.
This figure blew me away... I love him! An officer advancing under fire, crouching down with his Army Colt at the ready. Beautiful!
For size, here is one next to a Foundry Confederate. The two figures compliment each other very well height wise. You can see from this guy what a great character has been captured in the sculpting. Although they are skirmishers, all these Union troops come in full kit including a backpack.
These forty skirmishers will be mounted on 40mm round bases and be spread out four figures to a regiment. I may need more but these guys are a great start.

3 comments:

caveadsum1471 said...

They look like they are a decent size to go with the Foundry figures, I like the old Glory figures I have for the Italian wars and of course you need more!
Best Iain

Mad Padre said...

I am very fond of Sash and Sabre figures. They are full of character and as you say the variety of poses is wonderful. Don't know why I don't have more of them!
Cheers,
Michael

Secundus said...

Yeah I know they are lovely aren’t they. I know I will find an excuse to buy more in the future, it would be rude not to...