Wednesday, September 13, 2023

Reinforcements arrive from Cybertron

I took a gamble on this metal box set, many of the mid sized bots would work with my current scale. I've made a few of these characters already but this set allows me to have more of my favourites, like Wheeljack. I was planning on making him with plasticard.
Here you can see my versions and the official figures. The detail is quite soft on these metal guys but they do paint up well when finished.




I was really pleased to see that Jazz comes with the set. Again, I was planning to create him with plasticard, but this figure is better. 

Luckily the missing detail can be painted in and looks good from a distance. The large metal bases are a bit of a pain, but they can be hidden in panelling.




Scale wise he fits in a treat.


 I really enjoyed painting up this guy. He is an Autobot leader and I'll have to put him in charge of a squad.


No comments: