Wednesday, February 07, 2024

20mm arrows

I had a thought about using very fine bristles to make arrows. I first set out to find the dust pan and brush...this evaded me. Not giving up, I took to looking around for other bristled objects.
To my wife's degust I found the washing up brush in the sink. This I thought looked just the ticket.
Very slyly I cut off a section of bristles and tried them on some 20mm bases. They worked and looked more in scale than my previous ones.



I tried a couple of things with these new arrows, being plastic they could be flattened with pliers. This made a feather flight at the end, once painted this should look good.

The other technique was using a blob of gel super glue to make the flights, this worked too but I think I prefer the flattened method.


A stolen stash. These would work well for 28mm too and makes me sad I'm not doing a War of the Roses army. 

Being very thin plastic, they are remarkably tough and will spring back if crushed. Perfect for gaming.


 These brushes are a couple of pounds if that, not bad for hundreds of arrows.

No comments: