Saturday, July 13, 2019

Basing Anglo-zulu war

I tried out some slightly different techniques this time around to reflect the African terrain. 1st step, put wood glue all over base and flock the whole base in one go. The first sprinkle layer is rough sand to add some larger stones to the base.
2nd sprinkle on some mid brown fine gravel, 3rd sprinkle a tiny amount of light buff gravel, not too much of this because it really shines through. This lighter gravel does give it a dry feel though which is great for Africa.
4th add patches of static grass summer mix, this adds a little colour to the dry looking base.
5th, add grass tufts of 4-6mm.

The very last step I tried was to dig out my Flock box, It is quite new and I haven’t used it much. To my mind the bases were done and I thought I would just give it a quick try out. Well the results were so good that now I feel I have to go back and do all of my other ACW bases. I ran out of time with this lot as I only had a rare three hour window while family popped out.


Phil Curran said...

Looking good.

Michael Awdry said...


caveadsum1471 said...

Nicely based,lots of them!
Best Iain

Christopher(aka Axebreaker) said...

These are looking nice!