Tuesday, March 10, 2020

Trent Miniatures Synguree Desert Fighters

 I saw these on eBay the other day and recognised they were sculpted by the same guy who created the 1st Corps sci-fi range, Rob Baker. On receiving them I found out they are true 28mm so are a little taller than 1st Corps, but not enough to really matter. What fun I had blasting these out, I decided early on that I wouldn’t get too bogged down with these so chose to Dip them. Being skirmish troops the added protection of the hard varnish would be very welcome, plus the brown shade is perfect for desert colours.

 I thought £9.99 for 8 figures wasn’t bad at all. Being irregular troops I imagine their squads will be quite large, around eight men. So one of these packs is a squad basically. There are two eight man packs to choose from plus a Anti tank team. These were a lot of fun to paint as you can tell and it’s got me thinking about a small force of mercenaries or insurgents. Endless fun to paint as everyone is painted differently.
 Above, before the Dip was painted on. Simple colours with the odd detail.





 Here we can see some size comparisons with 1st Corps and Pig Iron miniatures. 1st Corps are classed as true 25mm so are slightly smaller. Pig Iron heavy infantry are big men in big suits so their size isn’t a problem. I do like the 1st Corps figures a lot and at £1 a figure they are pretty unbeatable on price. Great for collecting platoons quickly at low cost.


2 comments:

Jim Jackaman said...

Nice, bit of a Star Wars rebel look about them too.

Secundus said...

Yeah they some nice goggle action going on.